Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup uncooked converted rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional whipped cream and ground cinnamon, optional
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours; stir. Cover and cook 1-2 hours longer or until rice is tender. Transfer to a small bowl; cool. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, fold in whipped cream. If desired, garnish with additional whipped cream and cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 437 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Feb 1, 2017
The recipe is good and it takes me back to my childhood!!!!! I tried it and it was a big hit with the family. This one is a keeper for sure, thanks for sharing. I agree that reviews must be about recipes tried and nothing else.
Jan 26, 2016
I want to try this, but who has a 1 1/2 quarter slow cooker? Can it be made in a larger one or in the oven?
Oct 27, 2015
Where is the nutritional information?
Nov 4, 2014
The purpose behind reviewing a recipe should be based on taste and the level of ease or difficulty in preparation. It is disturbing when ratings are based on unrelated preferences. Most people will adjust a recipe according to their personal needs. If you don't actually try it, you shouldn't rate it.
Sep 30, 2014
I will not try a new recipe unless I have the facts about it. If it is loaded with fats and carbs-forget it. Why do you not do this for all recipes?
Jan 21, 2011
this brought me right back to my childhood. my mother made a similar recipe and this was the closest I've ever gotten to it ! absolutely Delicious hot or cold ! the whole family loved it !