Speedy Rice Pudding
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, egg and pudding mix. Add rice and raisins. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until mixture reaches 160°. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes, stirring twice.
- Spoon into individual desserts dishes or a serving bowl. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 145 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 6, 2014
I doubled this recipe and since I didn't have much milk I mixed up some powdered milk for half of the recipe. This was so easy. Very tasty. Not as sweet as I thought it would be. The next time I make this I will try sugar free pudding. This recipe is definitely one to keep.
Feb 26, 2014
I cook at an assisted living facility with 20 elderly people. One resident asked about trying a rice pudding recipe. I have just made this, and topped it with sugar and cinnamon. My husband had two bowls. It kind of reminded me of oatmeal. I will make it at work because I think older people may like this. I will do another review afterward. Thank you!
Jan 8, 2011
very easy and great taste
Dec 23, 2010
My husband and daughter just love this recipe. I make it an easier way by just putting everything in the pan at once and let it cook.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.