Easy Rice Pudding
Rice pudding has been a family favorite for generations, both because of its fantastic flavor and ease of preparation. You and your family will love this pudding's creamy texture.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Cool for 5 minutes, stirring twice. Spoon into individual serving dishes. Serve warm or chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 337 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Easy Rice Pudding in 1996 Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar