Easy Rice Pudding
Rice pudding has been a family favorite for generations, both because of its fantastic flavor and ease of preparation. You and your family will love this pudding's creamy texture.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Cool for 5 minutes, stirring twice. Spoon into individual serving dishes. Serve warm or chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 337 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Easy Rice Pudding in 1996 Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.