- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 63 Marie biscuits or Maria cookies
- Lemon slices, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream, sugar and lemon zest on high until stiff peaks form. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry bag. Fill with whipped cream.
- On a serving plate, arrange 7 cookies in a circle, using 1 cookie in the center. Pipe 2/3 cup whipped cream over cookies. Repeat layers 8 times. Refrigerate overnight.
- If desired, garnish with lemon slices.
Lemon Icebox Cake Tips
What can you use if you don't have Maria cookies?
If you don't have any Maria cookies on hand, no worries. You can also use graham crackers or Nilla wafers for this icebox dessert.
How can I add more lemon flavor to this lemon icebox cake?
Love lemon? Enhance the lemony flavor by adding a splash of lemon juice to the whipped cream. Or try spreading a layer of homemade lemon curd on top of the cake or between the cookie layers.
What else can you use to garnish Lemon Icebox Cake?Feel free to garnish with more than just lemon slices! Try topping the cake with fresh berries, such as raspberries or blueberries, or other sliced seasonal fruits.
—Christina Herbst, Taste of Home Assistant Digital Editor
1 piece: 530 calories, 37g fat (23g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.