Pineapple Cheesecake Squares
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Press into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 325° for 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, drain pineapple, reserving the juice; set pineapple and juice aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour. Add egg; beat on low just until combined. Add pineapple juice. Gradually add milk and vanilla. Sprinkle pineapple over crust. Slowly pour filling over pineapple. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 234 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 27, 2016
This sounds great! I was thinking maybe some toasted coconut would be good on top. Pineapple and coconut just go together! Going to make this today. Thanks!
Apr 27, 2016
Super light and very refreshing. Not the least bit heavy. Its on the creamy side and will not weigh your tummy down. I used cornstartch instead of the flour and I also reduced the milk by 1/4 cup. Filling was perfect not the least bit runny and the baking time was right on. I used extra pineapple and I also sprinkled the unbaked crust with some cinnamon as well.Janie. Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor.
Nov 11, 2011
As the filling is very runny, I didn't think it would work but the result was a very light, tasty square that I would certainly make again. I did have to bake it for 1 hour, 18 minutes though. Excellent recipe for a light dessert for summer.
Jan 4, 2008
I've made these several times and my family always enjoys the results. Even my father who never cared for cheesecake liked these squares. This recipe is a definite keeper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.