Cream Cheese Turtle Cups
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 36 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cookie dough in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 5-10 minutes to soften. Add flour; beat until blended. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place in greased mini-muffin cups. Press evenly onto bottoms and up the sides of cups.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Press a deep indentation in center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy; gradually beat in caramel topping. Fold in chopped pecans. Spoon 2 teaspoons filling into each cup. Drizzle with fudge topping; top with pecan halves. Refrigerate until serving.
Freeze option: Freeze undecorated cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers and decorate as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie cup: 114 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 16, 2019
I needed a delicious treat for a gathering and came across this recipe. I had everything on hand so went with it. They were a hit. The only change I made was to add a tiny bit of sea salt to the top. I went home with an empty platter. Delicious.
Nov 15, 2013
Easy to make and Delicious! Everyone loved this sweet bite!