Creamy Crab Toast Cups
Seafood lovers are sure to enjoy these golden brown toasts filled with a creamy crab sauce. Using a muffin pan makes it easy to shape the rolled-out bread into little cups. —Valerie Schroder, Cobourg, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin. Brush both sides of bread with melted butter; press into muffin cups. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- For filling, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cheese, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper sauce; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in crab; heat through. Stir in minced parsley and green onion. Spoon into cups.
Originally published as Cheesy Crab Delights in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.