Cheeseburger Pepper Cups
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 medium sweet red, yellow or green peppers
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds; set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, tomato paste, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. Spoon into peppers.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; pour broth around the peppers. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 413 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 893mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 7g fiber), 23g protein.
Mar 28, 2018
Jan 28, 2016
Very good stuffed peppers. I only think the cheeseburger taste was slightly moderate. Next time I may use tomato juice or sauce rather than the paste, which kept the filling a bit drier.
Jul 21, 2015
Absolutely delicious. I only used 2 large peppers, and all the stuffing. Like the other reviewers I used V-8 juice (that's what my Mom always used), and based on janeirv's review I decided to microwave the peppers for a couple of minutes before stuffing them.
Aug 3, 2014
Very good! Next time I would parboil peppers a little. They were too crunchy for me, I used white rice, added shredded cheddar in mix too and used tomato juice like the other reviewer did. Very good!
Jul 31, 2014
I made these for dinner last night with peppers from my garden and they were very tasty. I cut the rice in half and used v-8 juice since I didn't have vegetable broth on hand. I think they would also make a good freezer meal .A delicious and economical main dish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.