Ham ‘n’ Cheddar Cups
Start your day out right with these delicious muffins. Studded with ham, cheddar cheese and bacon, they're a meal in one—and a handy breakfast on the run when you need to be out the door in a hurry. —Carla Hodenfield Ray, North Dakota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
Makes20 muffin cups
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, diced or shredded
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper. Beat eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients until well combined. Stir in the ham, cheese, bacon and onion. Fill well-greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Editor's Note: Paper-lined muffin cups are not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin cup: 164 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Ham 'N' Cheddar Cups in Quick Cooking March/April 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.