Ham N Cheese Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; set aside. In a bowl, combine cheese and biscuit mix. Stir in milk and egg just until moistened. Fold in ham and onion mixture.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 146 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 24, 2014
These aren't bad. I used dried chives instead of dirtying up a skillet to saut? onions. Omitted butter. I doubled the recipe and baked them in a mini muffin tin to serve as party appetizers.
Jan 8, 2012
Great way to use leftover ham. I thought the dough was a bit dry but the final product turned out great.
Oct 11, 2011
The onions were a bit strong in this for me. Next time will try cutting them back a bit. Otherwise they were quite good.
Jan 11, 2011
These muffins are so tasty and easy to make. They only take a couple minutes to whip up.
Mar 18, 2010
I love this recipe, and so did my friends!! The second trime I tried it, I tried leaving out the butter/onion...a definate mistake.These are great for breakfast or at lunch with soup! A+
Feb 22, 2010
i didnt have cheddar on hand only swiss cheese so i made using swiss and its really tasty.....and i shredded my ham using a grater and used a little more, very, very good love these muffins
Dec 26, 2009
Very good muffins and so easy to make! The only thing I would have done differently is saute the onions with unsalted butter. My muffins tasted a little too salty but other than that they are great!
Dec 5, 2009
I've been making these for awhile now, husband loves them. We have tried similar recipes, but the onion sauteed with the butter makes these. I double the recipe and freeze them, they make a good quick supper, too!
Sep 9, 2009
I just made this muffins and they are the best. My kids each had one for breakfast this morning. They are easy and moist. I am going to try and freeze them to see how they turn out.