- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine egg, milk and butter stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in sausage and cheese.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 each: 191 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.