Mushroom and Bacon Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling
- 1-3/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups assorted chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Roasted sliced mushrooms, fresh parsley and additional cooked bacon strips, optional
- Assorted crackers
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 10 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, salt and pepper until light and fluffy. Beat in sour cream. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in the bacon, feta cheese, parsley and mushroom mixture. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Top with mushrooms, parsley and additional bacon if desired. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice (calculated without toppings and crackers): 322 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 617mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 19, 2018
I made this twice and both times it was a huge hit. The second time was at an event for 60 people and they killed it. I used the feta cheese with herbs to add more flavor and don't skimp on the onion and bell pepper if you don't want a bland cheesecake. It's delicious!
Jan 9, 2014
Not worth it! It takes ALOT of ingredients, and it does not deliver with the resulting flavor. Very muted taste. If you like a more robust appetizer with rich flavor, this is not your recipe.