Cheese & Mushroom Skillet Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 25 slices pepperoni
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, oregano and salt. Stir in water and 2 tablespoons oil to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 6-8 times. Roll into a 12-in. circle.
- Brush bottom of a 12-in. ovenproof skillet with remaining oil; place over medium-high heat. Transfer dough to pan; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from heat. Spread with pizza sauce; top with pepperoni, mushrooms, olives and cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 374 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 1284mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Jan 12, 2020
Easy, quick, and delicious. Perfect for my large cast iron skillet -- about 11.5" rim to rim. I haven't played around with the recipe, but it probably would work with variations. Could it work in a Dutch oven? Well, the rim would be awfully close to the broiler unit, but it's possible.
Jan 20, 2019
Will this work in a dutch oven as i do not have an oven proof skillet?
Jan 23, 2018
I gave this 5 stars not because it is the best pizza you will eat but because it is a good pizza with so little effort. From start to finish it took me less than half and hour. The crust was good, not an authentic pizza crust but tasty. If you want a quick pizza dinner make this.
Mar 3, 2015
These are delicious for quick personal meals. And it's so easy to substitute favorite toppings.