Mushroom Cheese Bread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- In a small bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and onion. Cut bread in half lengthwise; spread cheese mixture over cut sides.
- Grill, covered, over indirect heat or broil 4 in. from the heat until lightly browned, 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 180 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 27, 2016
Oct 13, 2015
This is an amazing recipe. Very tasty and quick to make. We serve it often, either as an appetizer or beside a soup for supper. I usually do about 1 1/2 times the cheese mixture as we like a lot of the gooey, bubbly warm topping. Also it is very good with half mozzerrella, half chedder instead of all mozzarella.
Nov 29, 2014
Absolutely delicious! It didn't last long Christmas eve last year, and I have already had requests to make this year.