- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm chicken broth (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 large egg, room temperature, beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/4 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Onion salt, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm broth. Add the sugar, butter, salt, poultry seasoning, egg and 1 cup of flour; beat until smooth. Add 1 cup of cheese and the remaining flour; stir for 1 minute.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Stir the batter down, about 25 strokes. Spread evenly into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onion salt if desired. Bake at 375° until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 slice: 136 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.