Crusty Cheese Bread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 loaf French bread (8 ounces), halved lengthwise
- 3/4 to 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic powder and cayenne. Spread over cut sides of bread; sprinkle with cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into slices.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 194 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 29, 2018
Delicious!! A new favorite
Aug 11, 2017
Very good an tasty
Jan 20, 2013
This was possibly the easiest best tasting garlic bread ever. It tastes so good and is so simple to make!
Dec 20, 2010
LOVE this bread! I used a fresh loaf of French bread, cut in half. I used a brush to put the ingredients on the bread and added a little more garlic and cheese. The cayenne pepper really gives it a bite. Fantastic!
Dec 20, 2010
This was delicious using the crusty baquette from the bakery.