Best Cheese Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices each)
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, baking powder, garlic powder and dill. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil and honey. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (top will have an uneven appearance). Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 245 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Jun 6, 2017
The kitchen smelled wonderful while this bread was cooking. We could hardly wait to eat it, and boy was it good! Even my 4 year old grandson wanted two pieces! This is a very hardy bread.
Jul 10, 2016
Very good! I will definitely make this again. I think I will add a tsp of salt when I make it next time.
May 26, 2013
Have made this twice. It is awesome. Has more of a biscuit consistency but what a wonderful bread made without yeast. I must have had great baking powder this time cause the top is a little uneven but wow did it rise. It was also cooked perfect for me at 50-55 minutes. I would rate a 4.5 if I could figure out how. wonderful on a cool evening with corn chowder and salad.
Apr 14, 2013
This did not turn out for me. It took the full hour to cook through and by then the outside was over cooked and it didn't taste cheesey at all, it just tastes like plain over cooked bread. Perhaps it was something I did but I don't think so, I don't even buy bread anymore so I've gotten pretty good at making it. For the large amount of ingredients it took I will not be trying it again.
Dec 22, 2010
Wonderful! Will definitely be making this again...often!! My family loved it!
Sep 21, 2010
The recipe needs salt. Very flat taste. Won't waste the ingredients again.
Dec 21, 2009
Delicious!!! Got a little dry around the edges and the middle would not get done. I will probably try spliting the recipe into 2 pans next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.