Bacon-Cheese Puff Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 45 min.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large tomato, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle bacon over the crust. Top with tomato and cheese. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks, sour cream, flour and salt until smooth. In another large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into sour cream mixture; spread over cheese. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 518 calories, 35g fat (17g saturated fat), 176mg cholesterol, 901mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Sep 19, 2013
Yum-o! We loved this. Only baked for 37 minutes
Oct 23, 2008
this is so yummy and very easy to make. i added mushrooms, onions, and green peppers with the bacon and tomato and it was great! 35 minutes worked for me, too.
Jun 13, 2008
I served this to brunch guests (including kids) & they all loved it. I baked it for 35 min. and it came out great.
Mar 31, 2008
my husband like this recipe I baked it for the 45 min. and I think it would have been better at30 min.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.