Sausage Cheese Puffs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup water
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese; stir in sausage. Add water and toss with a fork until moistened. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 159 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 28, 2015
Good tailgating food
Sep 13, 2012
These were so easy to make! The perfect party snack!
Jun 3, 2011
When cooking the sausage, I put in onion, garlic, red and green peppers...they were a hit and a request to make more! Thanks for sharing!
Jan 11, 2010
Easy to put together. It worked great to freeze and heat just before my brunch.
Dec 30, 2009
This is the same recipe that I use with a couple of differences. I add about 1/4 or 1/3 cup of hot sauce to the drained sausage and grated sharp cheddar cheese before I add the baking mix. I bake mine at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. They are my oldest son's favorite.
Nov 7, 2009
Very good. Easy to make.
Mar 29, 2009
These are a family favoriate! My husband and I like to have them for a quick breakfast.