Beef and Cheese Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Chili sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup biscuit mix and milk; stir until a soft ball forms. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5 times. Roll out dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer to pie plate; trim and flute edges.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and remaining biscuit mix. Pour into crust. Spoon tomatoes over top. Combine eggs and cheese; pour over tomatoes.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with chili sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 306 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 857mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
May 1, 2017
This was easy to make and tasted great. I love it with the chili sauce but have also served it with ketchup and with tomato sauce that I spiced up. In addition, I have sometimes substituted a regular unbaked pie crust for the biscuit crust with good results. This is good comfort food!