Beef and Cheese Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Chili sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup biscuit mix and milk; stir until a soft ball forms. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5 times. Roll out dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer to pie plate; trim and flute edges.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and remaining biscuit mix. Pour into crust. Spoon tomatoes over top. Combine eggs and cheese; pour over tomatoes.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with chili sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 306 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 857mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
May 1, 2017
This was easy to make and tasted great. I love it with the chili sauce but have also served it with ketchup and with tomato sauce that I spiced up. In addition, I have sometimes substituted a regular unbaked pie crust for the biscuit crust with good results. This is good comfort food!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.