Bacon and Fontina Stuffed Mushrooms
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 24 large fresh mushrooms (about 1-1/4 pounds), stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended. Arrange mushroom caps in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, stem side up. Spoon about 1 tablespoon filling into each.
- Drizzle tops with oil. Bake, uncovered, 9-11 minutes or until golden brown and mushrooms are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed mushroom: 60 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 24, 2018
YUM! I made these for Thanksgiving this year and they were the first dish gone! I couldn't get Fontina cheese so I substituted shredded Smoked Gouda. I also used thick cut bacon and cooked the mushroom stems in with the bacon before adding to the cheeses. No one in my family likes green onions so I used a 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder instead. They were a HUGE hit - Everyone LOVED them!!!!
Nov 19, 2018
Took me awhile to prep but worth it. Brought these to a friend's giving and they were a big hit.
Dec 29, 2015
Perfect as is.
Dec 17, 2014
Made these for thanksgiving and just got told to bring them for Christmas! So delicious, no flavor overpowers the other.
Dec 1, 2014
Made these for Thanksgiving. Gone before I noticed. ! Wonderful combo of bacon and fontina cheese. !
Oct 31, 2014
I served these at a luncheon. Every lady wanted the recipe. They were delicious and I wouldn't change a thing.
Oct 31, 2014
Absolutely delicious! I have been looking for a perfect stuffed mushroom recipe, and I think I have found my GO TO for stuffed mushrooms! I love the fact that there is no stuffing in this recipe. That usually takes over the flavor, and texture. I did have to substitute shredded gouda cheese for the fontina. And, I used 3 teaspoons of dried parsley, as I did not have fresh. I also lightly salted the mushrooms. Love this recipe!