Pork Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 20 to 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 large egg white
- Remove mushroom stems from caps. Set caps aside (discard stems or save for another use). In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage, bread crumbs, cheese, parsley and egg white. Stir in onion mixture. Fill the mushroom caps; place in a lightly greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and tops are browned.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 76 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 157mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 30, 2018
These were a hit! I will definitely make them again. Did not rinse the mushrooms just cleaned them with a paper towel. Delicious!
Mar 11, 2014
Huge success at the party I brought these to. I will definitely make these again!
Nov 10, 2013
Delicious. I do recommend setting your mushroom caps upside down on a paper towel after wiping them down with a different paper towel just to make sure they are nice and dry. I used Hot pork sausage and it really amp'd up the flavor.
May 26, 2012
Great appetizer! Be sure to wipe mushrooms clean with a paper towel versus rinsing in water. They hold the water which makes them soggy.
Sep 5, 2011
A hit appetizer at our party. I used panko instead of bread crumbs for less sodium.
May 10, 2010
THESE ARE SOOOOO GOOOD!!!!!! I have made them several time and alway get loads of complaments on them. my brotherin law even said that they may hav been the thing he had ever eaten! Really good, and really easy! DEF. recomend them for anyone!
Nov 24, 2008
Can these be frozen??Ruth