Ham Steaks with Gruyere, Bacon & Mushrooms
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham steak (about 1 pound), cut into four pieces
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallot; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pan; keep warm. Wipe skillet clean.
- In same skillet, cook ham over medium heat 3 minutes. Turn; sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Cook, covered, 2-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and ham is heated through. Serve with mushroom mixture. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 352 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 1576mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 27, 2017
Great change of pace, especially for someone who is so tired of eggs lol This is so full of flavor; the only slight modification I made was adding 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, dried and chopped, for more flavor and texture.