We enjoy these yummy mushrooms every Christmas and when we have company for dinner. With bits of shrimp in the stuffing, they really stand out from other recipes. —Jacqui Beal, Dallas, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove stems from mushrooms; chop enough stems to measure 3/4 cup, discard remaining stems. Place mushroom caps in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan, stem side up. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add red pepper, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and chopped stems; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in shrimp and bread crumbs.
- Drain liquid from caps; fill with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and filling is heated through. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Originally published as Stuffed Mushroom in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.