Appetizer Stuffed Mushrooms
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 sliced bread, toasted and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash paprika
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Finely chop stems; measure 1/2 cup (discard any remaining stems or save for another use). In a skillet, saute chopped mushrooms, onion and green pepper in butter until vegetables are tender and mushroom liquid has evaporated.
- Add toast cubes, onion salt, garlic salt, pepper, thyme and paprika; mix well. Stuff into mushroom caps. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 36 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 12, 2014
I made them for my family and they loved them. Make them by the recipe then adjust to your families tastes. You'll enjoy it......
Apr 25, 2014
Quick and easy and I used croutons instead of toasting the bread.
Feb 18, 2014
What I really liked about this recipe was the fact that it highlighted just the mushrooms. The filling was simple and quick. I made these a few hours ahead before baking them for my valentine's dinner, and they made the meal more special. [I substituted finely diced sweet onion for the green onions.]
Nov 22, 2013
I found you needed a few more mushrooms to use as stuffing. I also cooked the veggies very well to prevent sogginess. and the bread cubes I made VERY tiny...Delish
Feb 27, 2013
I made a dish using portabello mushrooms,swiss cheese,sharp cheddar, and garlic. They were yummy and filling!
Oct 4, 2011
This recipe looked good. . . The bread cubes were soggy and the best I can say is that the recipe was totally bland.