Appetizer Stuffed Mushrooms
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 sliced bread, toasted and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash paprika
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Finely chop stems; measure 1/2 cup (discard any remaining stems or save for another use). In a skillet, saute chopped mushrooms, onion and green pepper in butter until vegetables are tender and mushroom liquid has evaporated.
- Add toast cubes, onion salt, garlic salt, pepper, thyme and paprika; mix well. Stuff into mushroom caps. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 36 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 12, 2014
I made them for my family and they loved them. Make them by the recipe then adjust to your families tastes. You'll enjoy it......
Apr 25, 2014
Quick and easy and I used croutons instead of toasting the bread.
Feb 18, 2014
What I really liked about this recipe was the fact that it highlighted just the mushrooms. The filling was simple and quick. I made these a few hours ahead before baking them for my valentine's dinner, and they made the meal more special. [I substituted finely diced sweet onion for the green onions.]
Nov 22, 2013
I found you needed a few more mushrooms to use as stuffing. I also cooked the veggies very well to prevent sogginess. and the bread cubes I made VERY tiny...Delish
Feb 27, 2013
I made a dish using portabello mushrooms,swiss cheese,sharp cheddar, and garlic. They were yummy and filling!
Oct 4, 2011
This recipe looked good. . . The bread cubes were soggy and the best I can say is that the recipe was totally bland.