Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) corn bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to paper towel. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- Saute celery and onion in drippings until tender. Add mushrooms, sage, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the stuffing, celery leaves, parsley and bacon. Combine eggs and broth. Stir into stuffing mixture.
- Spread in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish (dish will be full). Dot with butter. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes and stuffing temperature reaches 165°. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 235 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 764mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 11, 2018
Leave out the sage and it's great.
Dec 14, 2017
Excellent recipe! Used Stovetop cornbread stuffing mix. I want to try Mrs. Cubbison's cornbread stuffing next time. Very easy recipe! I think I would like to try adding 1 tsp of Poultry Seasoning next time.
Aug 9, 2014
I have been making this on Thanksgiving for years as is. Everyone has always liked it.
Nov 25, 2011
Made it for the first time this Thanksgiving and everyone loved it! Definitely a good one to have in the recipe collection.
Nov 19, 2010
I have made this stuffing for the past 2 years for Thanksgiving and will make it again this year. It is a big hit at my house and we never have any leftovers. I would recomend this receipe to anyone.
Dec 24, 2009
I made this a couple of weeks ago and it was so good I decided to have it with our Christmas dinner. I used some left over cornbread and went light on the mushrooms, since the kids don't care for mushrooms, chopped them real small, they didn't even know they were in there.
Nov 10, 2009
I made this last year for Thanksgiving and it was wonderful. I plan to make it again this year.
Oct 19, 2009
This stuffing recipe was great. I made it for Thanksgiving 2 years in a row now. But last year I could not find a bag of unseasoned cornbread stuffing anywhere like I used the first year so I used regular bread crumbs. The stuffing was much better with the cornbread . Any suggestions on where I can find this 16oz of cornbread stuffing to use for this recipe, does it matter if it is seasoned already?