My mother made this stuffing every Thanksgiving for my, father who loves it! And now I make it.—Amy Voights, Brodhead, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup shucked oysters, drained and coarsely chopped
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the parsley, poultry seasoning, sage and pepper. Add bread cubes. Combine the egg, broth and oysters; add to bread mixture, stirring gently to combine.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160° and stuffing is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 228 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 495mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Oyster Stuffing in Taste of Home December/January 2008
Dec 2, 2017
Can this oyster dressing be made ahead and frozen?
Nov 3, 2013
I loved it! It's just like my Grandma's except we don't use parsley. 5 stars!!!
Nov 22, 2010
I make this every year at Thanksgiving & Christmas.