Fish Fillets with Stuffing
Donna Smith of Victor, New York offers a delicious microwave entree. "The fish is moist and the stuffing adds crunch." —Donna Smith, Victor, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds fish fillets (cod, whitefish, haddock, etc.)
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients and mix well. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. microwave-safe dish, arrange the fillets with stuffing between them. Moisten paper towels with water; place over fish. Cook 9-11 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, rotating dish occasionally. Sprinkle with paprika.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 266 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Fish Fillets with Stuffing in Taste of Home June/July 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.