Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makesabout 12 cups
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds day-old French bread, cubed (27 cups)
- In a large skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender; add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a large bowl; add the broth, parsley, sage, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Gently stir in bread cubes until mixed.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 249 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 1086mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Nov 30, 2013
This stuffing was a little goopy. The taste is fantastic, though. I'd have to add a lot more bread or cook it longer.
Jan 17, 2012
Zucchini Stuffing: It was the worst stuffing I have ever made. It calls for 1 cup flour and 4 cups bread crumps. Tasted terrible and I followed the recipe. Are you sure it shoudl be a whole cup of flour. Also have a husband who can not have any fat - I need to know the nutritional facts on a recipe so I can make sure he has very little fat (can only have 45 grams a day). Many of your recipes have no nutritional info. Probably won't buy the magazine again. Test your recipes.
Dec 18, 2011
This was excellent - really 'fresh' tasting, not overwhelmed by too many different flavours. The leftovers were just as good, too!
Nov 25, 2008
I totally agree with roesgen - I myself dislike the smell of garlic intensely. The stuffing is good without it. . . .
Nov 20, 2008
Recipe is very close to the family recipe that has been handed down to me....but no garlic in mine! Too much garlic in too many recipes! It offends others, and I refuse to use it.
Nov 19, 2008
The only difference between this recipe and the one I use is the garlic..My family asks for it everytime I make turkey!
Nov 19, 2008
Same as my recipe, except I use 3/4 cup of butter and two 15 oz cans of chicken broth, and 1 and a 1/2 bags of Pepperidge Farm dried bread cubes.lassjo
Nov 18, 2008
This is the same as my moms! Absolutely delicious! try adding some mushrooms to the onions and celery, very good!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.