Amber’s Sourdough Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2-1/2 cups cubed sourdough bread
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, celery, carrot and onion; cook and stir until tender.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add bread cubes and seasonings; toss to combine. Stir in egg and enough broth to reach desired moistness.
- Transfer to two greased 10-oz. ramekins or a 1-qt. baking dish. Bake 20-25 minutes or until top is lightly browned and a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 228 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Nov 13, 2015
This recipe is delicious! Thank you. I made just as written and will make this again.
Nov 15, 2014
I'm with cindee4..looks like a super recipe, love the ingredients..thanks so much for sharing Kathy. May you and cindee4 and both your loved ones enjoy this Holiday Season..so welcome this year in our roller coaster world! Hugs to you both xox Wendy and Cookie cat
Nov 6, 2014
Sounds wonderful. I am going to have to try making it for Thanksgiving this year. Just by the ingredients alone I would give it 5 stars. Love sourdough bread!