Raisin-Studded Apple Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice, divided
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 package (14 ounces) crushed herb-seasoned stuffing
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, bring raisins and 1 cup orange juice to a boil. Remove from the heat; set aside (do not drain). In a skillet, saute celery and onion in 1/2 cup butter until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. In the same skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the sausage, stuffing, apples, pecans, remaining orange juice and reserved raisins to celery mixture. In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter; add broth, thyme and pepper. Pour over stuffing mixture; mix well. Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 318 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 1, 2012
I have made this recipe many times, it is to die for! I highly recommend it!
Dec 1, 2009
The stuffing is to die for. I have been making it for several year and my family just loves it. I would highly recommend this recipe!