Herbed Pecan Stuffing
"From Logan, Utah, Edie DeSpain says, "I've updated a basic stuffing recipe by using wholesome multi-grain bread in place of customary white bread. It adds a hearty, crunchy taste."
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 8 cups day-old multi-grain bread cubes
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Place bread cubes in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 225° for 30-40 minutes, tossing occasionally, until partially dried. Meanwhile, combine the raisins and apple juice in saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; let stand for 15 minutes. In a large skillet or Dutch oven, saute celery, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add parsley, salt, sage, thyme, fennel seeds and pepper; mix well. Remove from the heat. Beat egg and broth; add to vegetable mixture with the bread cubes and raisin mixture. Toss well. Stir in pecans. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 255 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 564mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.