Pecan-Stuffed Butternut Squash
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 2 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, optional
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cut each squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in two 13x9-in. baking dishes; add 1/2-in. water. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Turn squash over; sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; stir in pecans. Spoon into squash cavities.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until filling is lightly browned and squash is tender.
Nutrition Facts1/4 stuffed squash: 299 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 10g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 15, 2015
This is one of my husband and my favorite squash recipes! Thanks for the wonderful and easy recipe!
Jan 16, 2015
Looks so pretty and is so simple to do!
Nov 29, 2014
I did not salt and pepper the squash, but instead I sprinkled cinnamon and sugar all over the squash before baking. At the end of the cooking, I turned on the broiler and bruleed the tops. It was delicious. I am going to tried the stuffing with other sweet squashes, such as sweet dumpling and golden nugget.
Nov 15, 2011
I am not a big fan of cream cheese but this recipe is awesome! Quick & easy. I know to make extra next time.
Oct 25, 2011
Best squash recipe that I have ever had, also good with acorn ssquash
Oct 4, 2011
My husband and I thought this was delicious, but the little ones (3 & 5) weren't crazy about it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.