Butterscotch Pecan Dessert
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 or 3.5 ounces each) instant butterscotch or vanilla pudding mix
- In a small bowl, cut the butter into the flour until crumbly; stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; spread over crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; pour over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until set. Top with remaining whipped topping and pecans. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 232 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 28, 2019
Been making this for 20 plus yearsvmy family's favorite I do butterscotch and cheesecake pudding it is so good I also use pumpkin pie spice pudding and cheesecake pudding also a big hit very easy to make
Sep 11, 2019
I made this exactly like the recipe instructed except I used margarine instead of real butter. I also made this using chocolate pudding, which was also yummy, but butterscotch is still my favorite. I'm making this to take for a dessert dish to a family reunion this weekend. Tasteofhome is a website that I go to often when I'm seeking a new recipe to try.
Jun 24, 2019
Delicious! Just like my grandma used to make for every Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. It was a hit with people who don't even like butterscotch!
Nov 23, 2017
One of my favorite desserts and everyone I make it for. So easy to make, I just have issues with the crust everytime. Even tho I have I have that issue still live making it. Been making this for over 20 yrs!! Thanks for releasing it, we love it!!
Nov 13, 2017
Aug 23, 2017
This is one of our most favorite recipes. i can't count the number of times i have made this.
Jun 9, 2017
I'm not the biggest fan of butterscotch, but this recipe was delicious. I used walnuts instead of pecans. Thanks for the great dessert!
Jul 16, 2014
I made this excellent recipe for a BBQ pot luck with friends. The oohs and aahs that went around the table at dessert time were plentiful and audible! I made it exactly as printed with two exceptions. My grocery store only sells the sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix. I reduced the amount of milk in the pudding to 2-3/4 cups. I also replaced the 1/4 cup of pecans for the topping with a crumbled Skor bar (similar to a Heath bar). Absolutely delicious to the last bite!! Thank you, Becky Harrison, for a definite winner!
May 20, 2012
One of our favorites!
Oct 28, 2011
This is one of my family's favorite recipes. We always make one chocolate and one butterscotch. We use quick oats in the crust instead of pecans, but we still put pecans on top.