Apricot Crab Stuffed Acorn Squash
This light squash recipe is quick, simple and bursting with rich flavors. It looks so elegant when served on a lovely platter. —Judy Armstrong, Prairieville, Louisiana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 large acorn squash, quartered and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced plus additional for garnish
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place squash in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; add 1/4 cup apricot nectar. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and white pepper. Bake, covered, until fork-tender, about 35-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add green onions; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add apricots and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in half-and-half and the remaining apricot nectar, salt and white pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Gently stir in crab; heat through.
- Arrange squash on a serving dish; spoon crab mixture over top. Sprinkle with additional green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 217 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 794mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Apricot Crab Stuffed Acorn Squash in Taste of Home September/October 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.