Turkey-Stuffed Acorn Squash
We stuff acorn squash with leftovers like turkey, dressing and cranberry sauce. Make as much or as little as you need to use everything up. —Cindy Romberg, Mississauga, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 medium acorn squash (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups cooked stuffing
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut each squash lengthwise in half; remove and discard seeds. Using a sharp knife, cut a thin slice from bottom of each half to allow them to lie flat. Place in a shallow roasting pan, hollow side down; add 1/4 in. of hot water. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place onion in a large microwave-safe bowl; microwave, covered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Stir in turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and wine.
- Carefully remove squash from roasting pan; drain water. Return squash to pan, hollow side up; sprinkle with salt. Spoon turkey mixture into squash cavities. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes longer or until heated through and squash is easily pierced with a fork.