Acorn Squash with Leftover Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 small acorn squash
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 cups cooked stuffing
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place cut side down in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; add 1/2 in. of hot water. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (pulp will measure about 3 cups). Drain water from pan; place squash cut side up in pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pulp, egg, salt and pepper. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; add to squash mixture. Add stuffing; spoon into squash shells. Top with cheese if desired. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 240 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 7, 2012
I made it with cranberry stuffing and tossed some red quinoa into it as well! Heavenly! Awesome vegetarian recipe
Oct 23, 2010
Fabulous use of acorn squash. Delicious with the stuffing! Loved it! I too used beef broth (all I had on hand)
Oct 10, 2009
I used pork flavored stuffing and beef stock (instead of boullion) as a side for cajun fried pork chops. Awesome side dish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.