Acorn Squash Slices
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 medium acorn squash (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds and membrane. Cut each half widthwise into 1/2-in. slices; discard ends.
- Place slices in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt. Combine syrup and butter; pour over squash. Sprinkle with pecans if desired.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until tender.
Nutrition Facts3 slices: 170 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 11, 2014
This such a comforting receipe as it use natures ingredients. Adding maple syrup to anything makes it delicious in my books
Jul 10, 2012
I didn't have maple syrup, so I added some dark brown sugar to the melted butter and brushed it on instead; it was very good!