Stuffed Butternut Squash
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 small butternut squash (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded tart apple
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/2 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Combine remaining ingredients. Turn squash cut side up; stuff with ham mixture. Cover unstuffed end of squash with foil to prevent drying. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until squash is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 184 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Sep 15, 2015
The squash did not get as tender as I would have liked, but we were in a hurry and I didn't have time to let it bake longer than an hour. Besides, we are spoiled by doing stuffed acorn squash in the slow cooker. I am thinks nag of using this stuffing combo in that recipe.
Oct 8, 2014
Very filling. I cut the 'tail' off and just used the bowl end.
Dec 9, 2012
This is a delicious dish. I had to substitute pineapples for the apples since I did not have any on hand. We paired it with a side salad and grilled asparagus. YUM!!!Thank you for posting it.
Aug 1, 2010
A wonderful combination of flavors that my husband and son love.