Slow Cooker Mushroom Stuffing
My grandmother created this recipe after my grandfather left the well-drilling business and invested all their money in a mushroom farm. The farm was a success and saw the family through the Great Depression. —Eric Cooper, Durham, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 3 hours
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 12 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, celery and onion; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Add stuffing cubes, parsley and seasonings; toss. Whisk together eggs and broth. Pour over stuffing mixture; stir to combine.
- Transfer to a greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, 3-4 hours.
Originally published as Oh My Gosh Crockpot Mushroom Stuffing in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.