Moroccan Stuffed Mushrooms
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 24 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop stems; set caps aside. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, carrot and chopped stems in oil until crisp-tender.
- Add the garlic, salt, cumin and coriander. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add broth and currants; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Stir in parsley and mint. Stuff into mushroom caps.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° until mushrooms are tender, 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed mushroom: 25 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 15, 2014
Well I haven't made these yet, but they are on my list for some Thanksgiving appetizers this year...look so yummy and a piece of cake to make... mmm I can smell the delicious aroma as I type..thank you so much for this recipe.. :)