Molasses Cookie Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen per batch
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Divide into three batches; store in airtight containers in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (9 cups total).
- To prepare cookies: Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add egg and molasses; mix well. Add 3 cups cookie mix; beat until smooth.
- Shape into 1-in. balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until the edges are firm and the surface cracks. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 67 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Oct 29, 2017
Easy and a long time favorite. Whether I make them for family or co-workers, they do not last long : )
Apr 16, 2016
What a delicious recipe this is. I have given it to coworkers and even made them myself and we all agree they are a great cookie we could make and eat over and over again.
Mar 19, 2013
I've made this recipe 4 times since I found it last November (2012). My husband loves it when I make these. I usually have to make a double batch just for him, a triple if I want any.
Nov 30, 2011
This is a very tasty cookie, and brings back memories from yesteryear. Good all through the year not just the holidays.
Dec 22, 2010
Totally awesome, very tasty, a must make again recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.