Peanut Butter Jumbos
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M's miniature baking bits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream peanut butter, butter and sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk oats and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and baking bits.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 153 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jun 23, 2018
These cookies are our new favorite! I was hesitant since they did not have flour, but they turned out perfect! I love the peanut butter, oats and chocolate together!
Dec 5, 2017
Very simple to make and loved by everyone who tasted them.
Apr 27, 2016
I didn't want to take the time to make regular cookies so I made a half recipe as bar cookies in a 13 x 9-in. well-greased pan and baked at 350 for 20 minutes. These are very good cookies, tasty and fairly moist. I used 1/2 cup each of regular milk chocolate chips and miniature semisweet chips, but otherwise used the listed ingredients halved. Thanks to mreilly615 for comments about making these as bar cookies.
Jul 10, 2015
Very Good. I only had 2cups of oats so added 1 cup of flour. Also used 1/2 cup regular sized chocolate chips.
Feb 7, 2014
These are THE BEST!
Jan 3, 2014
Oct 22, 2013
Great cookie! Versatile - could use raisins, peanut butter chips, chopped peanuts - for a different cookie each time. Love oatmeal cookies!
Nov 30, 2011
I make these quite a bit to send to my daughter in college and for my son to take to school for break to hold him over til lunch. I follow the recipe, except reduce the sugar to 1/2 cup, use Old Fashioned Oats, and occasionally substitute applesauce for the butter. They are soft, delicious, and fairly healthy for a cookie! Yummm!
Jul 12, 2011
These were a big hit with the family. I halved the recipe and made bar cookies out of them. I cooked them in a 9X13 cake pan and cooked them for 20 min. They were moist and very good.
Jun 20, 2011
I put raisins and mini chocolate chips in mine very good. Everyone loves them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.