Banana Spice Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Add eggs and bananas; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cloves; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts and raisins. Cover and refrigerate until dough is easier to handle (dough will be very soft).
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 199 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 14, 2015
Looking for a very soft cookie? You found it! Wonderfully spiced. Sprinkled with cinnamon sugar before putting in oven and turned up with big puffy soft cookies. As a Taste of Home volunteer food editor I love recipes that can be assembled quickly with ingredients on-hand.
Dec 18, 2013
We liked this soft spicy cookie