Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat banana, peanut butter, honey and vanilla until blended. In another bowl, combine next six ingredients; gradually beat into wet mixture. Stir in dried cranberries.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 3 inches apart onto greased baking sheets; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness.
- Bake until golden brown, 14-16 minutes. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to finish cooling. Serve warm or at room temperature. To reheat, microwave each cookie on high just until warmed, 15-20 seconds.
Jul 6, 2017
Very good cookie. A bit sweet though and I even cut the honey in half. I also used almond butter but cut that in half as well so then I thought they would spread too much on the cookie sheet so I filled muffin tins half way and baked a few minutes longer. I got 13 half muffins. Will definitely make again.
Jan 16, 2017
This is a winner! It's hard to eat just one! As we all do, I adjusted the recipe to what I had on hand. I replaced peanut butter with almond butter; replaced "craisins" with chopped dates; and added 3/4 cup toasted slivered almonds. I don't have the dry milk powder, so it was omitted. I was alarmed that there was no egg, but it's not necessary at all. You will enjoy this breakfast treat!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.