Roasted Banana & Pecan Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + cooling Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- 3 medium ripe bananas, unpeeled
- 1-3/4 cups crushed pecan shortbread cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons spiced rum, optional
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 pecan halves, toasted
- Chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place unpeeled bananas in an 8-in. square baking dish. Bake until banana peels are black, 10-12 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of prepared pan. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla and, if desired, rum. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Remove 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture to a small bowl. Pour remaining filling into crust.
- Peel and place roasted bananas in a food processor; process until smooth. Add to reserved cream cheese mixture; stir in chopped pecans, cinnamon and remaining brown sugar. Pour over plain cream cheese mixture. Cut through cream cheese mixture with a knife to swirl.
- Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 45-55 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Top cheesecake with pecan halves; drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 430 calories, 30g fat (14g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 10, 2016
We found this to be just average. I liked the shortbread crust, but thought it was a little short on banana flavor. I will probably try it again and roast the bananas without their peels to concentrate the flavor, and add a little more sugar,
Jan 20, 2016
Banana bread in cheesecake form. Who can complain about that?! Yum!
Jan 3, 2016
Creamy and delicious! We loved the combination of the pecans with the banana. I didn't use the spiced rum.