Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 to 4 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cake mix, oats and pie spice. In another bowl, beat pumpkin, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten with the back of a spoon. Bake until edges are golden brown, 18-20 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, combine confectioners' sugar, orange zest and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency.
- Spread over cooled cookies.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 118 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 8, 2019
Made these today for the first time for home and for a friend gathering over the weekend. I tasted one with the frosting and they are divine this is definitely going to be my go-to recipe for pumpkin cookies. Very easy to make and so tasty!??
Oct 31, 2019
Thank you Regresa A.
Oct 25, 2019
Mimma56: It means 2 tablespoons of dough
Nov 19, 2017
I really liked this recipe. I have made a similar recipe in the past, but it is not as good as this one and it didn't have the quick cooking oats. I made the recipe as directed, but added spice cake mix instead of yellow cake mix, about 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, and only 1 teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice. I didn't make the icing. It was delicious. This will be one of my go to recipes for pumpkin cookies.
Oct 24, 2015
Tasted a bit bland
Dec 6, 2013
This is the PERFECT brunch cookie! It is super moist and 'muffin top' like. Because I used a spice cake mix didn't add spice. But did add 1/2 cup of walnuts. With or without icing very good. This is a great recipe to have a little fun with- think of adding nuts, raisins, coconut... whatever you like. Also, uniced makes a great cookie to take to brunch potluck. Transports easily and the recipe makes a lot!!
Nov 6, 2012
These are easy and diabetic friendly. Lovely texture, though they need about 3-4 more minutes baking, unless you like them doughy in center. I leave off the frosting and my husband likes it on! I'm diabetic, so do without. We have these with our nightly pot of tea.
Oct 27, 2012
Easy to make, I love the texture of the cookies!
Dec 23, 2011
I used old fashioned oatmeal and allspice instead of pumpkin pie spice. Next time I will add raisins. Excellent recipe and makes just the right amount when using an ice cream scoop.
Nov 24, 2010
I used spice cake mix, instead of yellow and I add dry orange-cranberries. Delicious treat, you can't eat just one piece!