Festive French Pancakes
Not quite as thin as true crepes, these light-as-a-feather pancakes are topped with preserves and a dusting of confectioners' sugar. They're elegant, so easy to make and say "Joyeux Noel" with delicious French flair!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preserves of your choice, optional
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a blender, combine the milk, eggs, water and vanilla; cover and process until well blended. Combine the flour, confectioners' sugar, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture. Cover and process until smooth.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. Spread preserves over pancakes if desired; roll up. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 163 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Festive French Pancakes in Country Woman Christmas 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.