Holiday Spice Pancakes
With hints of clove, nutmeg, and cinnamon, these pancakes make every breakfast a holiday. This perfect blend of flavoring will spice up your morning any time of the year!—Cindy Fuller, Forest City, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Mulling Spices
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, Mulling Spices, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. In a small bowl, whisk the milk, egg, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes (calculated without syrup): 297 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 302mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Holiday Spice Pancakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.