My mulling blend is a merry combination of sugar and spice and a nice touch of citrus peel. Use it to flavor pancakes or waffles, wines or cider and even as a spice blend for poached apples.—Cindy Fuller, Forest City, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makesabout 2 cups
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons dried grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons dried orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place all ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year.
- Mulling Spices may be used to prepare the following recipes: <a href="/Recipes/Holiday-Spice-Pancakes"Holiday Spice Pancakes, <a href="/Recipes/Mulled-Red-Wine"Mulled Red Wine and <a href="/Recipes/Mulled-Wine-Poached-Apples"Mulled Wine-Poached Apples.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 215 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Mulling Spices in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.