My mulling blend is a merry combination of sugar and spice and a nice touch of citrus peel. Use it to flavor pancakes or waffles, wines or cider and even as a spice blend for poached apples.—Cindy Fuller, Forest City, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makesabout 2 cups
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons dried grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons dried orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 215 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Mulling Spices in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012